Publishing Topic Collections
Tópico was created to provide individuals with a simple yet flexible desktop solution to the complex challenge of creating usable and maintanable personal web document collections. Tópico can be used for CD-ROM projects, static or dynamic web sites and many other project types.
As the image above illustrates, individual topic files can be used as sources in a dynamic web site while HTML output is targets static web sites or CD-ROM projects. HTML Help output is a natural target for any Windows based publishing system. The compound document (where all the topics are joined together) will save some trees each time you print your collection for review. Tópico is not a print publishing system though. Some publishing options might require a registered version of Tópico.
Benefits you'll get from adopting Tópico
If you've ever tried to maintain more than a few web pages, you'll appreceate the fact that Tópico facilitates:
- organizing topics into a meaningful hierarchical structure;
- creating links to other topics in the collection;
- creating and applying custom semantic markup;
- managing the publication process centrally.
Tópico will also automate:
- transforming the whole collection into the target publication;
- creating the menu tree, breadcrumbs, site map, custom scripts, and more;
- adding links to sub pages and related topics during the publication process;
- inserting reused and generated content during the publication process.